Elder Law in Texas

Dallas & Fort Worth | Austin | San Antonio | Houston
El Paso | Amarillo | Across Texas

When it comes to issues surrounding the elderly, it’s important to hire an experienced elderly law attorney to assist you and your family. At Pratt Law Group, we have helped our clients learn what they are eligible for – Medicaid, Veteran’s Aid, etc. We will contend with any nursing home problem you have, or that could arise while ensuring your life savings are protected.

The Pratt Law Group can handle your current affairs and ready you for the future. Our experienced attorneys will give your case the personalized attention it needs to ensure an outcome best for you.

We work under the premise of ensuring our clients’ independence so that they can keep their legal rights and dignity.

If you need help with Texas elder law, reach out to one of our Texas law offices to see how we can assist you.

You Deserve Your Benefits

It doesn’t matter how well you plan for your future; anything can happen, especially when it comes to long-term care. Most people qualify for Medicaid but don’t realize it. With adequate planning, you can be sure to secure the insurance for yourself or a loved one even after you move into a nursing facility.

It’s not uncommon for people to apply for Medicaid to help with long-term expenses, whether at home or in a nursing home. However, Medicaid is a means-tested program, which is why you need to make plans to protect your assets.

Unfortunately, the majority of veterans do not know that they are eligible for the service. The Aid and Attendance program helps offset the long-term costs for veterans and/or their surviving spouses.

When it comes to Social Security benefits, things can get a bit muddled – be it Social Security retirement, survivor’s benefits, disability, etc. We can assist you in wading through the different programs and protect the benefits you have rightly earned.


A Look At (Lady Bird) Enhanced Life Estate Deed

Texas is one of a few states that offer the Lady Bird Deed (also called the Enhanced Life Estate Deed).  Our attorneys at Pratt Law Group can help you craft an Enhanced Life Estate Deed, which will transfer your property to your children automatically after you pass on. This means your property rights stay with you until that time.  Why is this so beneficial?

  • You can change beneficiaries whenever you want

  • You can sell the property or mortgage it if necessary

  • Your property is protected from creditors

  • Your beneficiaries are not hit with a gift tax

  • You can still qualify for Medicaid and keep a payback demand from occurring

We can handle an array of Elder law matters including but not limited to:

  • Trusts

  • Miller & Special Needs Trusts

  • Supplemental Needs Trusts

  • Veterans Administration Trusts and Benefits

  • Last Will and Testament

  • Benefits Planning

  • Asset Protection

  • Lady Bird Deeds

  • Special Needs Planning

  • Medicaid Planning

  • Guardianship

  • Power of Attorney

It’s also a good idea to look at other planning tools – something our attorneys can help you to develop:

  • Estate Planning

  • Guardianship

  • Heirships

  • Probates

  • Trusts and Wills

Pratt Law Group

A Reputation For Excellence

Get Answers To Your Legal Questions

Speak With An Attorney Today

Is Having A Will Enough?

Your lawyer will make sure your Will properly lays out your interests and desires after you die. With a Last Will and Testament, you can be sure that your final expenses are paid for and your wishes are carried out.

Filing a person’s Will with the court starts the probate process. There are time limits for debt payments and asset inventory before heirs inherit anything. With a proper Will, the probate process can go much smoother.

It’s also a good idea to have an attorney experienced with Elder Law to create other important documents such as power of attorney. They dictate who will assist you with the estate, make medical decisions and handle your property and finances when you cannot.

You should also have a Living Will, Declaration of Guardian (if the court deems you should have a guardian) and a Designation of Agent (to handle your remains).

Contact Our Office

Call Now for Trusted Legal Guidance